Animal Forest +
Animal Forest e+
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Animal Crossing: The Movie
K.K. Slider, (とたけけ, Totakeke), or just K.K., is a dog who showed in all the Animal Crossing games. His main role is to play and sing songs for player. He made a cameo appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and in Animal Crossing: The Movie. He was also one of the three Animal Crossing characters to be a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, the others being Mr. Resetti and Tom Nook.
Role in Forest/CrossingEdit
Role in Wild WorldEdit
K.K. still sings songs, but now he plays them at The Roost. After the performance he slips a free C.D. of the song into your pockets saying "Those industry fat cats try to put a price on my music, but it wants to be free." Some new songs have been added.
Role in City FolkEdit
He has the same role in Wild World, but now, he gives encores. He will be in the roost starting at 8:00 pm. You won't get a C.D. of the encore. As with Wild World, some new songs have been added.
Role in Animal Crossing: The MovieEdit
There is a total of 70 songs in Wild World and 75 in City Folk. See the full article here.
- He is based on Animal Crossing sound designer, Kazumi Totaka. His Japanese name is taken from the fact that, in Japan, last names are written first, so it would be Totaka Kazumi. That can be shortened to "Totaka K.", which sounds like "Totakeke".
- His songs only use the sounds "Queh", "Quay", "O", "Ah", "Me", "Na", "Now", "Le", "Moo", and, in some songs, he will howl, whistle, click, and hum.
- He is on the cover of Animal Forest, Animal Crossing: City Folk, and Animal Crossing: Wild World.
- Giving him a country guitar during the trading event in Wild World will allow the player to obtain his picture.
- Though his name is K.K. Slider, his name box reads "K.K.".
- K.K. Slider plays either an acoustic or a country guitar.
- Because K.K. Slider wants his music to be free (and therefore does not charge the player for a copy of his music), Tom Nook does not charge a single Bell for his songs. However, in Animal Crossing, Tom Nook will pay 5 bells for them, though they cannot be bought back.
- He was the first character to appear on an Animal Crossing game, being the first character to appear in Animal Forest and Animal Crossing, asking the player some questions after the title screen.
- When K.K. plays a song, his right paw never actually reaches the guitar strings.
- Cranky villagers think that Phineas is K.K.'s day job.
- If a song is requested that K.K. doesn't know, K.K. will play a random background tune and tell the player he does not know the song.
- In the original four games, Copper, the police dog, always wishes to listen to some of K.K.'s songs, though he denies it when asked about it.
- In Animal Crossing, K.K. will appear in a spot-lighted room if a memory card has not been inserted.
- His famous quote "Those industry fat cats try to put a price on my music, but it wants to be free" has been mentioned on various news websites